Friday, May 22, 2009

Welcome to my new blog

Dear Friends:
I am delighted to welcome you to my new blog. I must say that had I been more than only sufficiently computer literate, I believe that I would have started blogging many years earlier. In fact, I think that my reticence to start blogging, primarily on account of my lack of savvy, was only masked by silly proclamations like the fact that I didn't like the word "blog". I often thought to myself, "how could I engage in such an activity called by a word that is more suited to a pit that one falls into and gets mummified for future generations to dissect and analyze?!" Well, anyway, whatever you call it - weblog, or blog, or simply a "new forum to share ideas" (NFTSI) - it can only come to good. Well, anyway, I have often hoped to share some of my ideas in a more efficient forum than those I already have access to. And perhaps now, my blog will help in that endeavor.

So, if you have not arrived here by way of my website, http://www.DrArikGreenberg.com/, please view that first and then come back here to share in my musings. Oh, and incidentally, it seems only fitting that the blog template I am using (provided by Google) is called "scribe". You will no doubt come to know my connections with ancient literature, manuscripts, and scribal activity if I don't bore you to distraction before you get that far.

Blessings to you all,
Arik